Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone knows how to Reinforce Your Chassis
07-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Anyone knows how to Reinforce Your Chassis
I heard that mirage g4 sways and bends alot. How can we reinforce the chassis?

Like Rigid expanding foam into the sills and anal cavities.
or Stitch welding
or Making fender braces or front end reinforcements.

Any guides to how to do this for the G4?

I really want to know how to do this so I can remove the cross brace behind the back seats so I can make it a fold down back seat.

And cut a square on the top of the hood for a sun/moon roof.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: Anyone knows how to Reinforce Your Chassis
Quote:I heard that mirage g4 sways and bends alot. How can we reinforce the chassis?

Like Rigid expanding foam into the sills and anal cavities.
or Stitch welding
or Making fender braces or front end reinforcements.

Any guides to how to do this for the G4?

I really want to know how to do this so I can remove the cross brace behind the back seats so I can make it a fold down back seat.

And cut a square on the top of the hood for a sun/moon roof.

Does anyone know how to do this?

You can opt for Ultra racing products. Pero modern cars have stiff chassis as is and ang malambot lang is suspension dahil nasubukan ko na kung gaano kastiff ang chassis pero sakin hatch. I jacked up only 3 wheels off the ground and leave one corner hanging and open each door to test for body flex, all doors opened & closed as if the car is on the ground.

[img][Image: 6ig1af.jpg][/img]
07-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Sir, if planning pa po kayong bumili ng G4, siguro pumili na lang kayo ng ibang car models if issue sa inyo ang chassis kesa sa marami kayong gagalawin. Aside from it might affect the integrity of the chassis, baka mas mahal pa gastos mo kesa bibili ka ng ibang models na mas okay ang chassis. Sure we can make modifications/reinforcements but knowing here in the Philippines, hindi scientific eh. Baka masayang lang.
07-24-2017, 09:45 PM
May mitsubishi g4 npo aq. Too late na eh. Gusto ko fold down back seats at sun roof. Which upon checking, Needs reinforcement. Ultra racing sounds good pero baka may class a ultra racing. I mean, Bakal lng un db? Baka may kaya gumawa na tao sa machine shop n may experienced n po regarding sa concern ko.
07-24-2017, 09:57 PM
In my opinion that's asking too much of the car .. you can try Speedlab to customize your car to your liking but be ready for the hefty price then baka sabihin mo bibili ka na lang ng bagong Subaru

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
07-24-2017, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2017 10:24 PM by AJ12Gamer.)
[Image: Mitsubishi-Attrage-Sedan-1.2-2013-Front-Strut-Bar.jpg]

[Image: Mitsubishi-Attrage-Sedan-1.2-2013-Front-Strut-Bar1.jpg]

Looks like a experienced machine shop can make one no? For cheap pa. 14mm thickness. Maybe i could make measurements off someones original ultra racing?

Speedlabs doesnt have anything for the mirage on their website.
07-25-2017, 12:38 AM
you can copy the form, measurements, etc. of the UR but not the quality..IMHO...

[Image: rNR0ieQ.jpg]
07-25-2017, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 02:26 AM by AJ12Gamer.)
What quality po? I dont understand the difference in 14mm solid metal of a brand vs non branded. Metal is metal db?

Its like saying you can harvest salt like the McCormick brand but not the quality. Pero branded or non branded. Salt is salt. As in metal is metal. Db?

Or maybe im wrong here?

What type of special metal is ultra racing using?
07-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Steel is just not steel .. many grades are available as per SAE specs. Ultra Racing do not not tell what specific metal they use. They just describe it as ASTM A 500 Grade A steel.

With regards to Speedlab, yes ... there's no parts specifically designed for the Mirage.. they just modify it to suit the Mirage.. take for example the ECU chip, the CAI, and supercharger they are offering for the Mirage - they are not specifically built for the Mirage but they are selling it.

I believe they can customize a sunroof for your G4 if you ask them to do it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes Rolf's post:
jantre2001

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
07-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Maybe we are overthinking it pero dahil integrity ng sasakyan ang nakasalalay, I'm with Rolf. The strutbar should not be too soft nor too stiff. May konting flex din yan pag naandar kaya kung magpapa-fabricate ka kelangan ma-identify mo ang metal na ginamit at pulido ang welding.

BTW, di ba may nagbebenta dito ng fabricated na strut bar? Kung tried and tested na yung strutbar nila baka pwede na yun.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.