Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Back-Up Camera & Sensor
07-27-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: Back-Up Camera & Sensor
^ Copy that. Too bad unit didn't include wiring diagram. had to do research on youtube, but still didn't get the output I was looking for. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2020, 06:20 AM
Back-Up Camera & Sensor
BTW.. what"s the brand/model of your unit? It's possible there are other similar units with wiring diagram lurking at the web.

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
07-28-2020, 11:35 AM
The box says Ansonta sir. Although, it's universal. There are similar devices on shopee and lazada bearing different brand names, but really, they're all the same. Based on the wiring diagrams I saw on similar devices, I wired it correctly. I guess I'll just have to settle on just pressing AUX everytime I want to reverse. Must be a defective unit I got.
07-28-2020, 02:25 PM
web search >>

I believe you may have missed something ...

1. CAMIN (Camera Input)
[Image: 1a4wlQCl.jpg]
2. Terminal Pin #2
[Image: 7mFEOoUm.jpg]

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
07-28-2020, 09:21 PM
I did that sir. I even tried wiring directly A2 to +12v source to simulate a signal, as I suspect the red wires of the RCA may be defective causing no current to flow to A2. Still don't work. Could it be possible that A2 of my unit is defective?

Some things I noticed in the video you shared:

1. It's 7012, mine is 7010 model. will try to find if firmware from that model could be installed to mine. Maybe it's a viable fix

2. The fuse in that unit in the video is 10A only. Mine is 15A. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!
07-30-2020, 10:04 PM
Welp, out of sheer luck, I had to drive at night time today and guess what I found out? When I turn on my park/head lights, the reverse cam triggers. But I don't have the camera attached so it has no signal. Now I plan to remove the unit again and trouble shoot which wire in the harness triggers my headlight. Then I just have to find connect the red wire from the RCA there and I think it solves my problem!
07-30-2020, 10:59 PM
Well .. I can only imagine one thing >> you have wired the camera to the +ve supply of the stop light while the HU trigger wire is wired to the +ve line of the park light.

07-30-2020, 11:24 PM
Update: fixed the issue! Turns out, instead of A2, it's the A1 that is the reverse signal. I wired that to the park light as the wire colors matched! Sh*tty color coding! Anyways. Glad it's fixed now. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this!
07-31-2020, 05:53 AM
Back-Up Camera & Sensor
Glad you found the right pin and correct wiring .. might be amiss w/ the way how the Chinese count numbers.. good job!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.