Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Sound Comparison
07-31-2017, 07:13 AM
Engine Sound Comparison
Hi. I'm a first time car owner. The Mirage GLX HB a/t I have just got released on July 7.
I was wondering... When I hear the Mirage engine on start-up, I kinda think "parang lata ang sound ng makina". I have no comparison except for an Altis my mother uses....so I'm wondering ... Is this the normal sound of a Mirage hb engine?
I didn't get to test drive when i was still in the process of purchasing and have not heard a Mirage hb's engine before. Sounds to me like a diesel engine when the car is made to start up.
Can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: Engine Sound Comparison
Do you have any idea what gasoline your hb is currently running on? I experienced that too when I was using Shell FuelSave, Shell Nitro+, and Petron Xtra. I switched to Petron Blaze and it sounded like a normal car since then. Our engine apparently "likes" higher octane fuels.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
07-31-2017, 08:25 AM
3 cylinder lang kasi ang 3A92 ng Mirage so you can t really compare it to the Altis' 4 cylinder engine talagang mas pino ang 4 cylinder.
07-31-2017, 02:01 PM
(07-31-2017 08:03 AM)WallyWest Wrote:  Do you have any idea what gasoline your hb is currently running on? I experienced that too when I was using Shell FuelSave, Shell Nitro+, and Petron Xtra. I switched to Petron Blaze and it sounded like a normal car since then. Our engine apparently "likes" higher octane fuels.

Petron XCS when I went full tank.

07-31-2017, 04:20 PM
mas makinig talaga ang 3-cylinder engine

Savannah White, GLX-CVT (Mitsumi)
[Image: mirage-white.png]
07-31-2017, 10:19 PM
(07-31-2017 04:20 PM)Deobulakenyo Wrote:  mas makinig talaga ang 3-cylinder engine
Makinig?

You mean so whether it's a Mirage hb or any ither 3cylinder engine, ganun talaga tunog?

08-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Similar, not exactly the same siguro. Mas "rough" din ang idling dahil nga 3 cycl lang sya. Pero I really grew a liking to the sound of the Mirage. Nakaka relax for me. Parang purr kasi ng pusa. When I drove my brother's car na 4 cyl (Ciaz) na miss ko agad yung tunog ng Mirage. Though maganda din ang NVH ng Ciaz, di gaano rinig makina, but iba talaga yung tunog ng three banger. Some people hate it, I love it though.
08-01-2017, 07:07 AM
3-cylinder engine is indeed noisier but I also experienced what the threadstarter meant by "tunog lata" and I don't think it should sound like that.

For the 1st 4 months of ownership, my HB sounded like a diesel L300 during idling. Akala ko normal lang nuon dahil nga 3-cylinder.

Now it could it have been due to the engine finally being broken in but I noticed the engine being quieter when I finally switched to the highest octane fuel I could find.

The following 1 user Likes WallyWest's post:
aleish.elle
08-01-2017, 09:38 AM
(08-01-2017 07:07 AM)WallyWest Wrote:  3-cylinder engine is indeed noisier but I also experienced what the threadstarter meant by "tunog lata" and I don't think it should sound like that.

For the 1st 4 months of ownership, my HB sounded like a diesel L300 during idling. Akala ko normal lang nuon dahil nga 3-cylinder.

Now it could it have been due to the engine finally being broken in but I noticed the engine being quieter when I finally switched to the highest octane fuel I could find.

I'll try Petron Blaze on next fill up then give a feedback.

The following 1 user Likes aleish.elle's post:
WallyWest

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.