Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP: KOS Not detected / Cannot Lock Door when ENGINE OFF
03-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Hello Guys,

Need your help/inputs. Yesterday, I went out of my Mirage GLS to buy something while ENGINE is ON for about 20 minutes or more. After I came back the KOS icon is blinking in the dashboard. Just ignored it, we went home and then cannot lock the door using both the KOS the door button.

Tried to start the engine but KOS is not detected, need to insert the KOS in the emergency key fab hole near below cup tray so I can start the engine.

What I did so far but problem persist.
1. Change the KOS battery (even current battery is still new - energizer brand)
2. Remove/Reset engine Battery

I want to check the fuse, but don't know which? please help/advise. TIA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2019, 10:22 AM
RE: HELP: KOS Not detected / Cannot Lock Door when ENGINE OFF
(03-06-2019 09:43 AM)system64 Wrote:  Hello Guys,

Need your help/inputs. Yesterday, I went out of my Mirage GLS to buy something while ENGINE is ON for about 20 minutes or more. After I came back the KOS icon is blinking in the dashboard. Just ignored it, we went home and then cannot lock the door using both the KOS the door button.

Tried to start the engine but KOS is not detected, need to insert the KOS in the emergency key fab hole near below cup tray so I can start the engine.

What I did so far but problem persist.
1. Change the KOS battery (even current battery is still new - energizer brand)
2. Remove/Reset engine Battery

I want to check the fuse, but don't know which? please help/advise. TIA

kng na palitan mu na sir yung battery sa KOS mu try mu yung spare mu na kos e lagay sa cup holder nya, yun din ginawa ko dati, na palitan ko na yung battery sa kos pero blinking pa din yung key indicator ginawa ko nilagay ko yung spare kos sa holder nya then na wala na yung blinking

https://www.miragepilipinas.com/Thread-G...hlight=kos
The following 1 user Likes rabbai's post:
system64
03-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks. This is what I'm doing now nagsstart naman, kaso di ko ma-lock yung pinto when engine is off. Napalitan ko na battery ng KOS (this is the first I did kahit bago lang yung battery nya).

My problem is that I cannot lock the door when the engine is off. Door is locking fine pag enginee is on on the inside so yung door actuator ok kasi naglo-lock naman,

Any other idea?
03-06-2019, 11:48 AM
When driver door is open pwede mo ilock ang door lock acutator, then maririnig mo ang alarm na magaarmed at maglock ang central locking, then gently close the door na nakaangat ang door handle ng pinto sa labas para di magunlock at para di magtrigger ang alarm.
The following 1 user Likes NaimaRaiko's post:
system64

[img][Image: 6ig1af.jpg][/img]
03-06-2019, 02:41 PM
^^^
Salamat bro try ko to mamaya.
03-06-2019, 04:58 PM
madugong troubleshooting yan brader.. I cannot see an easy way to identify which part is faulty >> the KOS key or the KOS&OSS ECU module.
[Image: ACB05954AB00ENG.png]

The OSS (ONE-START SYSTEM) part can be ruled out dahil functional naman iba.

Mukhang defective yong transmitter circuit ng susi mo.

Try mo pa scan sa CASA using their MUT-3 baka ma identify fault.
The following 1 user Likes Rolf's post:
system64

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
03-06-2019, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 05:42 PM by system64.)
(03-06-2019 11:48 AM)NaimaRaiko Wrote:  When driver door is open pwede mo ilock ang door lock acutator, then maririnig mo ang alarm na magaarmed at maglock ang central locking, then gently close the door na nakaangat ang door handle ng pinto sa labas para di magunlock at para di magtrigger ang alarm.
Ok successful Bro yung workaround nato salamat!

(03-06-2019 04:58 PM)Rolf Wrote:  madugong troubleshooting yan brader.. I cannot see an easy way to identify which part is faulty >> the KOS key or the KOS&OSS ECU module.
[Image: ACB05954AB00ENG.png]

The OSS (ONE-START SYSTEM) part can be ruled out dahil functional naman iba.

Mukhang defective yong transmitter circuit ng susi mo.

Try mo pa scan sa CASA using their MUT-3 baka ma identify fault.
Yes bisita ko sa casa sana di yung key fab, as far as I know disposal to pag nasira mapapamahal ako.

Sana some faults lang sa sensors or busted fuse.
The following 1 user Likes system64's post:
NaimaRaiko
03-06-2019, 07:30 PM
(03-06-2019 11:13 AM)system64 Wrote:  Thanks. This is what I'm doing now nagsstart naman, kaso di ko ma-lock yung pinto when engine is off. Napalitan ko na battery ng KOS (this is the first I did kahit bago lang yung battery nya).

My problem is that I cannot lock the door when the engine is off. Door is locking fine pag enginee is on on the inside so yung door actuator ok kasi naglo-lock naman,

Any other idea?
Rabbai's suggestion was to use the spare key (the one without the buttons) instead of the regular key fob. The idea is parang ipapakilala mo ulit yung both keys sa kotse. Just make sure na out of range yung regular key when you try the spare key.

Kung may problema naman yang key at within warranty I think they should replace it. Or they'll probably just reprogram it. Bring your spare key and the metal tag thing na naka-attach coz they'll ask for it if they will reprogram your key.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
03-06-2019, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 07:59 PM by system64.)
(03-06-2019 07:30 PM)WallyWest Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 11:13 AM)system64 Wrote:  Thanks. This is what I'm doing now nagsstart naman, kaso di ko ma-lock yung pinto when engine is off. Napalitan ko na battery ng KOS (this is the first I did kahit bago lang yung battery nya).

Any other idea?
Rabbai's suggestion was to use the spare key (the one without the buttons) instead of the regular key fob. The idea is parang ipapakilala mo ulit yung both keys sa kotse. Just make sure na out of range yung regular key when you try the spare key.

Kung may problema naman yang key at within warranty I think they should replace it. Or they'll probably just reprogram it. Bring your spare key and the metal tag thing na naka-attach coz they'll ask for it if they will reprogram your key.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
Ok Sir try ko to.

Out of warranty na unit ko 2012 first gen sya.
About the metal tag thing, i can't remember na may kasama yung KOS, may picture ka ba sir? TIA

I check again the spare key may maliit na metal tag nga na kasama, importante pala to.
03-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Unknown to many.. yong key slot merong electrical connections yan serving as bypass switch pagka ininsert mo yong key..whether main or duplicate key in the right orientation.. di pwede baliktad.. yong metal will act as a bridge between the contacts. Then you can push start the engine.

Both main and duplicate keys have chips embedded in them acting as RFID paired w/ the car.

Ang kaibhan ng main at duplicate keys ay 'yong main key ay transponder type to lock/unlock the door while the duplicate key has no transponder kaya wala syang battery.

If the battery of the main key is already worn out.. parehas na lang sila ng functionality as the duplicate.
The following 1 user Likes Rolf's post:
system64

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.