Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KYB K-flex Front Coil Springs Review/Feedback
08-13-2019, 11:41 PM
As most has already knew, KYB officially released a front version of the Kflex 2 years after the rear springs got sold like hotcakes for the mirage.

As far as I can tell, no body has posted personal experiences yet thru social media or our database so to the new users of the front Kflex, you're more than welcome to share yours here 1

I might decide on getting one soon, I just need to make sure it won't lift the front height just like it did on the rear.

Uh-Peace!

[Image: Cavcrew_cover.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2019, 08:25 AM
RE: KYB K-flex Front Coil Springs Review/Feedback
ooohh.. may front coil spring na pala from k-flex? meron ako yung likod na version, it improved the height clearance. bounciness and comfort feelings are same with the original one. gusto ko rin malaman yung reviews, price and where to buy this or is it worth it?
The following 1 user Likes GIGAM25's post:
bloodehunter

[Image: 16984313132_fbd613ec46_o.gif]
08-14-2019, 10:07 AM
(08-14-2019 08:25 AM)GIGAM25 Wrote:  ooohh.. may front coil spring na pala from k-flex? meron ako yung likod na version, it improved the height clearance. bounciness and comfort feelings are same with the original one. gusto ko rin malaman yung reviews, price and where to buy this or is it worth it?
The feeling is exactly mutual. May nabasa ako one comment, the only one feedback i've seen so far, na improved body roll same with what happens when you replace the rear.

Sa market nakikita ko 1.2k/pc di nalalayo sa rear price.

Hopefully the height stays exactly the same unlike the rear.

08-14-2019, 10:45 AM
San meron nito? Ngayon ko lang nalaman meron pala sa front na kflex.

Parang hindi naman problematic ang stock front springs ng mirage di tulad ng sa stock rears talagang bumabagsak pag loaded. I too have the kflex rears.

The following 1 user Likes NaimaRaiko's post:
bloodehunter

[img][Image: 6ig1af.jpg][/img]
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2019, 12:10 PM
(08-14-2019 10:45 AM)NaimaRaiko Wrote:  San meron nito? Ngayon ko lang nalaman meron pala sa front na kflex.

Parang hindi naman problematic ang stock front springs ng mirage di tulad ng sa stock rears talagang bumabagsak pag loaded. I too have the kflex rears.

Pretty sure meron na si kap @konkan, pero aside from him, dami na nagbebenta sa fb.

Yep, no prob din naman akin sa bottoming kahit naka16s ako sa hb. Pero laki tulong sa steering response at roll pag stiffer front, parang hindi kasi sapat yung effect ng front stabilizer.

Bonus:

Rumors are KYB kflex lowfer springs are also already on its way to the PH very soon.

08-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Meron from our database na nagpalit recently, not because of the bottoming front, pero dahil sa unequal weight distribution ng mirage natin.

Apparently, his concern wasn't fixed but he instead got better stability.

https://www.miragepilipinas.com/Thread-T...#pid227542[/quote]

(08-14-2019 05:40 PM)LeRolf Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 09:45 PM)LeRolf Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 08:40 PM)Friedrich Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 08:33 PM)Rolf Wrote:  the physical characteristics, i.e., damping and spring rate of the left spring/shock is the same as the right spring/shock but the weight distribution of the car is not equal, hence the tabingi effect.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread...#post71453

So, siguro para magpantay sya.. dapat palitan ang driver side ng mas matigas na suspension para mabalance 'yong unequal weight distribution, hehe.
Kyb sa driver side, stock sa passenger side? Hehehe

Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk
Try ko na lang siguro palit both harap baka di naman balance ang bounce pag driver side lang. Pinatignan ko na sa CASA the usual and safe answer normal lang daw kasi lagi ako mag isa sa oto ko

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
I have change complete set of spring to kyb and yet the front driver side still lower of more than an inch compared to front passenger side, now they recommend me to change the front shock. I don't know what to do anymore. All mechanic who check my car said that coil spring is the one who dictates my ride height and yet nothing change, on the good side, handling improves

08-14-2019, 10:50 PM
Thanks @bloodehunter for directing me to this thread, I just change all my spring today with KYB flex at TGC project 8 cost 1,250 for the rear and 1,350 for the front a piece. Installation made just beside TGC 450 per piece for the front and 300 per spring in the rear. I will give detailed comparison vs stock spring in few days.

The following 2 users Like LeRolf's post:
jrmontales, WallyWest
08-15-2019, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2019 09:20 AM by bloodehunter.)
Measurement I made before and after installation of KYB Spring.[Image: e6a402a1eb850b06faa0fab688115345.jpg][Image: b8f8610e07c09e6a271de018af1171a3.jpg][Image: 10c9605a4271dc3bbafb4836573191ff.jpg][Image: 445fbe36abd88099f30fe53f038f9711.jpg]

Im on 195/50/15 Tires

The following 3 users Like LeRolf's post:
bloodehunter, WallyWest, GIGAM25
08-16-2019, 09:26 AM
Super thank you!

Rear height increase makes sense, lalo na't magsesettle pa yan. On average, Rear KYB will increase ride stiffness and height by about 3/4inch after it settles.

THE FRONTS ARE MORE IMPRESSIVE! Ride height is very similar to stock, considering after settling, magiging kapantay na sya ng stock!

Yung front driver side talaga napabilib ako, this should have solved your weight distribution issue. As you may have observed, dahil mas stiffer si KYB, naiangat nya yung bigat ni front driver side to the point na halos pantay n sya sa passenger.

08-16-2019, 10:58 AM
My problem with the front driver side lower than the passenger is somewhat managed, the difference is no longer the same compared to stock spring, though still lower but maybe because of weight distribution. I can not assess yet handling and overall effect of changing the front spring because I have not yet done spirited driving but one thing I notice, the sound of my front suspension improve. Using stock spring i feel like Im too close on the ground that I hear every small bumps and potholes that my suspension is absorbing but kyb front shock minimize that particularly on uneven road, maybe because the ride height change.

The following 1 user Likes LeRolf's post:
bloodehunter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.