My Car Mitz
04-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Maintenance Routine Completed
Re-installed items that were removed prior to going to CASA for 45K PMS:
1. TPMS - done
2. PedalBox Controller - done
3. Oil Filter Magnet - done

Additional Routines:
(Take note that these are regarded by some as against the tenets of old school)
  • Changed the stock Iridium spark plugs
    [Image: dP4TAdUm.jpg]
    w/ silver-center electrode type - a first at MPH (and can be a first in the Philippines motoring world? Anyone?)
  • Added calcinate oil additive
  • Checked the piston top through a borescope (out of focus pics);

Sample pic from Cylinder 1
    [Image: QHbVU9Lm.jpg]

Sample pic from Cylinder 3

[Image: LDVZjX8m.jpg]

I am using Shell Nitro Racing RON 97 regularly, and now I see the fuel cleaning agent in the gasoline to be insufficient, so I'll have to use a fuel cleaning additive (STP).

Ready for test drive tomorrow

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: My Car Mitz
sir @Rolf are you not experiencing startup hunting when using RON97? Like the video I posted sa fb, seems like the issue was persistent only with RON97 only on cold starts. Do you think it's necessary to request a fuel injection and spark plug cleaning on my 25k PMS?

PS. Cool spark plugs, careful lang with the temps, silver has the least melting temps between Pt, Cu and Ir

[Image: df3008891d4e0cd64145875fe670d39d.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: My Car Mitz
(04-13-2018 08:10 PM)bloodehunter Wrote:  sir @Rolf are you not experiencing startup hunting when using RON97? ....
Wala naman akong napapansin .. baka sanay na sa RON 97 car ko.

Do you think it's necessary to request a fuel injection and spark plug cleaning on my 25k PMS?
I don't think so.. mas malinis pa siguro system mo kesa sa akin .. take a look at my spark plug status sa POST #131

PS. Cool spark plugs, careful lang with the temps, silver has the least melting temps between Pt, Cu and Ir.
Thanks paps for your concern .. just hoping that the 50,000mi (about 80,500KMs) recommended replacement interval is not just marketing hype). After all, it is made by an American company unlike Pulstar.

First time I achieved this FE figure since I had installed my tow hitch (added weight)... under the same driving conditions.
[Image: a0TeRt1l.jpg]

I think I can still improve this figure with the use of high-flow oil filter ... hopefully mailalagay ko before the year ends.
The following 1 user Likes Rolf's post:
bloodehunter

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.