Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nano-tech tint
02-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Nano-tech tint
Does anyone here have Nano-tech tints?

I checked some threads in other car forums and it seems the claims of heat rejection are legit.

I'm more interested in their "Security" line of tints though especially in these times of senseless acts of vandalism, rock throwing and outright breaking of windows to steal stuff.

http://nanotechfilms.com/automotive-films/security/

http://nanotechfilms.com/automotive-films/charcoal/

L.A. Car Accessories seems to be the only distributor/installer locally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 02:09 AM
RE: Nano-tech tint
How Much po sir? me Idea po kau nyang Nano Tech?

[Image: 2qi76lu.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2016, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 09:56 AM by WallyWest.)
LA car accessories lang ang dealer ng nanotech. Check out their homepage. They have a price list there. I'm not sure if they still have the tint your ride promo.

I'm still on the fence about this though. Some people in tsikot.com swear that the clear tints and the charcoal series have excellent heat rejection. Other than that wala na akong mahanap na reviews whether local or foreign.
04-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Had Nanotech reflective series installed today. 6950 with free scraping of old tint and installation.

Medium all around. Based on its specs, it supposedly has better heat rejection than 3M's BC series. Tanghaling tapat pero hindi nakakapaso ang sinag ng araw from the windows and windshield. 5 years warranty too.

Tapatalked
05-24-2016, 07:15 PM
(04-30-2016 02:36 PM)WallyWest Wrote:  Had Nanotech reflective series installed today. 6950 with free scraping of old tint and installation.

Medium all around. Based on its specs, it supposedly has better heat rejection than 3M's BC series. Tanghaling tapat pero hindi nakakapaso ang sinag ng araw from the windows and windshield. 5 years warranty too.

Tapatalked
How long did it take? And totoo ba ung nasabi nila sakin na they have sample cars that I can check out prior to installing para makita ug actual effect nya once installed? Aircon nga din ba ung pag iinstalan bro?

05-24-2016, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 08:20 PM by WallyWest.)
Took them around 2 hours 45 minutes including scraping off of old casa freebie tint, DENR, and LTO sticker. Hindi naman napunit yung stickers - even the flimsy LTO sticker.

Sa BF Parañaque branch ako nagpagawa. They definitely do not have sample cars (just the typical sample tint in a square piece of glass) and although may aircon yung tint room (with space just enough for my hatchback plus an SUV) , I can't say kung ginamit nga nila dahil iniwan rin namin agad yung kotse. Baka yung main sa Makati ang may ganung mga facility. Sa BF may air-conditioned office lang sa itaas with TV - hardly a place to hang out for more than an hour. 1 tricycle ride away lang naman ang SM BF kaya pwedeng mag-mall o sine habang naghihintay.

Air conditioned or not, as far as I can tell pulido naman pagkakagawa dahil walang bubbles or imperfections akong nakita at intact pa rin yung lines ng defogger ko.

Pero I suggest tumawag ka to confirm availability of stock sa kung saang branch ka man pupunta. Sa kin kasi dapat neutral ang papalagay ko sa windshield pero dun lang mismo sinabi sa kin na medium lang ang stock nila. Buti na lang satisfied pa rin ako sa kinalabasan.

Tapatalked
05-25-2016, 03:42 PM
(05-24-2016 07:59 PM)WallyWest Wrote:  Took them around 2 hours 45 minutes including scraping off of old casa freebie tint, DENR, and LTO sticker. Hindi naman napunit yung stickers - even the flimsy LTO sticker.

Sa BF Parañaque branch ako nagpagawa. They definitely do not have sample cars (just the typical sample tint in a square piece of glass) and although may aircon yung tint room (with space just enough for my hatchback plus an SUV) , I can't say kung ginamit nga nila dahil iniwan rin namin agad yung kotse. Baka yung main sa Makati ang may ganung mga facility. Sa BF may air-conditioned office lang sa itaas with TV - hardly a place to hang out for more than an hour. 1 tricycle ride away lang naman ang SM BF kaya pwedeng mag-mall o sine habang naghihintay.

Air conditioned or not, as far as I can tell pulido naman pagkakagawa dahil walang bubbles or imperfections akong nakita at intact pa rin yung lines ng defogger ko.

Pero I suggest tumawag ka to confirm availability of stock sa kung saang branch ka man pupunta. Sa kin kasi dapat neutral ang papalagay ko sa windshield pero dun lang mismo sinabi sa kin na medium lang ang stock nila. Buti na lang satisfied pa rin ako sa kinalabasan.

Tapatalked
Care sharing what combination did you get for your car?

I am eyeing for the Nano Tech Reflective Films 6,950
Reflective Medium Dark - front, full
Reflective Dark - sides and rear

Also, your experience in terms of heat rejection and visibility at night?

TIA!

Currently torn between this and VKool OEM series. Tint My Ride in QC quoted me 6,600. Considering my location, its easier to go to QC but the nanotech's claim on heat rejection is very tempting. 1

05-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Nano-tech tint
Reflective medium front, sides, and rear. Didn't have much of a choice really coz it's all that the branch had.

Coming from the casa free tint (which was useless in keeping out heat), the heat rejection is excellent. Even with the noontime sun beating down through the windshield I couldn't feel any heat on my hands and legs. Only when I reach out my hand do I feel heat radiating about an inch from the glass.When I leave the car parked under the sun, it still gets hot but not the burning kind of hot that makes it painful to hold onto the steering wheel's leather.

In the daytime it's like driving in cloudy weather. Yung tipong parang babagsak ang ulan at any minute. At night, it's not much of a problem driving in the city because I can see clearly with my stock headlights plus the lights from other vehicles. It's late afternoon that's a bit of a problem for me because it looks darker than what it actually is outside and, because it's not really dark outside, turning on the headlights doesn't help at all.

Take note that the tint will reflect the dashboard on the windshield in the daytime and at night, the gauges will be reflected on the side windows. In my case, it doesn't bother me.

GPS still works and I still get good signal on my phone so despite being reflective, it's gps and cell signal friendly.

Tapatalked
The following 2 users Like WallyWest's post:
kenneth2535901, vbmaster
05-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Thank you so much @WallyWest I appreciate the details! Same here, stock tint's useless, my arm's color is too different now from my entire body and yeah the heat!! I feel being baked!

I didn't know that the dashboard will get reflected on the windshield part though, hmm this is something that I must consider, I feel i'm being distracted if that's the case.. is it always like that for all tints regardless of the brand and model? Or prolly its because its the reflective version? Hmmm

Anyway, I am planning to go to the Makati branch, I am still torn whether to get this or Vkool haha

05-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Well, good luck. You can't go wrong with either brand IMO. Just decide while the weather's still hot so you can feel your investment's worth right away. The hot weather will speed up the curing time too.

Tapatalked
The following 1 user Likes WallyWest's post:
kenneth2535901

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.