Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
06-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
Kaya pala dumudumi ang throttle body and map sensor kahit na may air filter dahil pala dito sa pcv.. Return line ito para maibalik yung blow-by gasses and dirty oil sa combustion chamber for a cleaner burning engine.

One solution is to install an oil catch can to filter the blow-by gasses of unwanted used oil para pagbalik sa combustion chamber at walang residue na maiiwan.

My question po, is it possible to install an oil catch can and not mess up the operation of the pcv? Thank you.
The following 1 user Likes NaimaRaiko's post:
jsnchavez

[img][Image: 6ig1af.jpg][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
unless you're running turbo or direct injected engine, oil catch can will not do much for a Naturally aspirated, Multi port injected engine. Hence, the stock PCV valve will suffice. The only thing you have to watch out for is your PCV getting stuck up (may take 5years or more for a new car). The 3A92 mirage engine is a smart engine in itself, It doesnt even have an EGR system to maintain!
The following 2 users Like arjee's post:
NaimaRaiko, Modified

--Nakiki WiFi lang 4--
06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
^Pero di ba sir yang recirculating blow by gas na yan ang nagpapadumi sa throttle body and map sensor natin?

06-19-2015, 04:50 PM
http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread....fications)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Nope. Blowby gasses goes back straight into the air intake / intake valves. It doesnt pass the MAP sensor anymore. Even if it does - the air filter will take care of it. 4

--Nakiki WiFi lang 4--
06-21-2015, 05:02 PM
can we ask sir @enk to tell us where the location of the PCV is. I have a guess only .. I can't comment till I get hold of the service manual..

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
06-22-2015, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 08:48 AM by NaimaRaiko.)
[img][Image: PCV.jpg][/img]

eto sir rolf encircled in yellow. HTH

Quote:Nope. Blowby gasses goes back straight into the air intake / intake valves. It doesnt pass the MAP sensor anymore. Even if it does - the air filter will take care of it. 4

Yes sir arjee got to trace the rubber line kung san connected and nakita ko nga din na directly sa air intake na sya which is nice.

06-22-2015, 09:41 AM
ah .. ok, this tube goes to the inlet manifold. I found also there's another PCV tube (after the air filter).

[Image: LMEcUnl.jpg]

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
06-22-2015, 05:06 PM
^Breather tube yata yan sir?

06-22-2015, 11:48 PM
You are right.. it's a breather tube.. the excess pressure flowing back through the breather hose to the air cleaner tube is sucked back into the engine and burned. But then this is not clean air.

I think, this satisfies your statement why the MAP sensor gets dirty.

[Image: tULJdQr.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Rolf's post:
NaimaRaiko, jsnchavez

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.