Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tabingi si Mirage
07-24-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: Tabingi si Mirage
Napansin ko din yung sakin tabingin sa driver side, hanggang sa mabasa ko din tong thread na to. Bakit kaya ganun sya? Imposibleng normal parin to.
The following 1 user Likes jrmontales's post:
julesbryan21
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Dahil originaly sa rhd talaga ang mirage.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
02-08-2018, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 07:10 PM by Friedrich.)
Tabingi si Mirage
Normal lang ba to... Sa harap 6-7mm difference. Grabe ang sa likod, ~14mm!
3 bars of fuel left in the tank and 33psi tire pressure.

[Image: 86561208cb250ab6f55a9673b1677d5d.jpg][Image: 274705e4f9a426fe446b04ec49335922.jpg][Image: 2a0707f4efa43eceae24fb49c4f6773b.jpg]

02-09-2018, 09:14 AM
A "car leans to driver's side" google search returned 4,440,000 results w/ one posted at Lexus forums in as early as 2001.

With the way the car was designed, I personally think that the weight distribution is not perfect - you can open the hood and visualize which part is heavier. Don't think that the driver's side weight is the same as on the passenger's side.

Most of the weight is generally on the driver's side unless you ALWAYS drive with 2 people in the car. After some time, the springs will settle differently. It's normal though.

Somebody at Honda Forums put his car on a weighing scale to check the car weight distribution on the front wheels.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension...st34319903

At most, you could try to swap the rear springs and observe if it can alleviate the problem at least for the rear. If not, the torsion beam has flexed and bent somewhat over time.

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
02-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I understand that somehow the car will tilt on one side because of weight --we have the transmission and battery there. But what really bothers me is the fact that it is very obvious with the Mirage. It looks really awful. With the advancement of technology and engineering, I couldn't understand why they didn't come up with measures to compensate whatever weight distribution issues there is.
Maybe since the Mirage is a budget car, the issue is with the quality/specs of the springs?

I measured my brother's 2 years old swift and my father's 5 yr old Sportivo -- driver/passenger height height for both are negligible and they don't seem to tilt.
02-09-2018, 10:29 AM
That's it! The springs are too soft in the earlier models.. they've changed it into stiffer ones in the 17's.

I haven't observed that lean in my car however as I have a rubber cushion for the front and Airlift at the rear that made the difference. I'll try to make a measurement though when I get hold of a digital caliper.
The following 1 user Likes Rolf's post:
Friedrich

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
02-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Tabingi si Mirage
I only experience unequal ride height everytime the hand brake is engaged. Try mo kalsuhan on a flat road then release the hand brakes to see if merong difference.
The following 1 user Likes bloodehunter's post:
Friedrich

[Image: df3008891d4e0cd64145875fe670d39d.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Well if you look at other cars..tabingi din..hindi lang mirage..
03-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Galing ako casa kanina, pinatignan ko rin g4 unit ko. Normal lang daw yun, pati rin sa ibang unit ganun din daw sukat (2 cm ang baba sa drivers front side). Ang sabi naman sa akin ng SA, pag CVT daw ganun, pati sa HB at lancer (?)
The following 1 user Likes deeham's post:
Friedrich
05-01-2018, 04:49 PM
just found this info from MirageForum

weight distribution on Mirage DE (GLX equivalent)

Front: 573/648, Rear: 362/474, Total: 2057

That's close to the published curb weight (English Units)
https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2015-Mitsub...ack/specs/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.