Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttle body coolant line by-pass
10-12-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Throttle body coolant line by-pass
If I can find end caps for the TB coolant line, I can try to do a trial run someday; maybe 30 minutes-1hr will not do any harm to the servo motor.

Enumerating the things that most will (probably) NEVER do:
1. Lightweight pulleys
2. Using stainless oil filters
3. TB Coolant Line bypass
4. Adding HHO system

Am I the only one in this Forum who has the guts to venture into these activities?

Haha.. I expect to be flamed for this..

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Sir @Rolf help me find aluminum couplings and caps, baka magbago pa isip ko haha.

I tested TB temps from cold start this evening while monitoring coolant temps and intake temps via OBD.

Voila!

Intake air (measured by the MAP sensor I assume) is as hot as the throttle body. Air coming in the intake nozzle is playing around 37-38, and done while hood is wide open.

Now, this test was done in the evening. How much more pag tanghaling tapat, no wonder humihina hatak tuwing summer noontime driving.

In traffic, this may benefit idle fuel consumption. [Image: c314100d56f3263ebdad784b79fb1f52.jpg][Image: 8313daea56e88bb0c9c9df4091a0fb8e.jpg]

[Image: Cavcrew_cover.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2018, 05:55 AM
Naks.. ginamitan mo pa ng thermocouple ha? I did not bother to attach mine into the throttle body and relied only on the OBD readings.

Reading the posts from various forums, I am convinced of the given reason why the throttle body is heated thru the coolant line. It is the most efficient way of accomplishing the task.

I also observed the temps during noontime na hindi ginamit ang kotse. Pag hipo sa engine body and chassis ramdam yong heat soak pero malamig yong TB.

Kailangan lang malaman I.D. ng hose then hanap ng barb at rubber end caps/plug.. baka meron sa Alabang Parts Central... if none.. buy from China..hehe..

I am of the opinion that the semiconductor parts of the Throttle assembly will have longer life and reliability if the TB can be maintained at a lower temperature than the engine.

[Image: Qr4L2Qm.jpg][Image: Lt4LWVM.jpg]
“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.” – Bill Murray
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2018, 06:05 PM
RE: Throttle body coolant line by-pass
^^ Yung thermo couple naka-attach sa outer throttle body

[Image: Cavcrew_cover.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.