Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do when involve in an accident?
07-10-2018, 01:49 AM
I would like to ask what are the do's and don'ts when involve in an accident.

Recently I was hit by a drunk motorcyle rider fortunately him and his backride were alive but sustain major injuries. I did the following:

1. Check myself and passenger if okay.
2. I did not alight immediately since I saw the driver and passenger of the motorcycle not moving mahirap baka makuyog
3. Call 911 and ask for ambulance and police.
4. When it seems safe, I went straight to the rider and passenger and check their pulse luckily they were alive only unconscious.
5. Check the extent of my damage and have available estimate for negotiation. For information its important that we know the cost of repair to give us leverage.
6. I calm myself especially when his relatives were confronting me that I hit the motorcycle, and said let just wait for the police to avoid any commotions.
7. Talk politely to the investigator. I Did not argue with the other party, I explain only to the police investigator luckily it clearly shows that its the other parties fault.
8. If the investigator ask you to settle it at the place of accident, compromise already accident participation ticket is already 2,500, reckless I think is 2,000 if your at fault though we can negotiate to waive.
9. If its your fault, do not pay any amount, ask the other party to obtain an estimate and use your insurance. ( My opinion only)
10. If you are the aggrieve party accept already the offered compensation for damage especially if you think it can cover already your insurance participation fee. After police blotter and any agreement, its hard already to oblige the other party to perform the terms of the agreement unless maayos kausap and may pera. Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin nagbabayad nakabunggo sa akin unuttended na phone ayoko naman puntahan sa address baka mapahamak pa ko.
11. I go to may suking talyer and coordinate with my insurance. Ayoko sa casa matagal.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2018, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2018 10:04 AM by WallyWest.)
Hindi ba insurance na ang bahalang maghabol sa kanila? May police report na naman yata.

Might I add hanapin sa fb para may photo ng otber party. Most people have public profiles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.