Where to get your tint
04-14-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Where to get your tint
Review:

Nanotech Reflective Neutral (All sides):

Test method: Exposure values using a camera

Exterior look
[Image: IMG_4910.jpg]

Comparison (Based on what the camera sees under constant exposure settings, not as reference to human vision, our eyes adjust to bright or shade automatically)
[Image: IMG_4919.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4918.jpg]

Reference to what our eyes see from the inside (camera settings +2 EV):
[Image: IMG_4928.jpg]

Conclusion:

Outdoor exposure value falls at 14 EV's, pagpasok sa loob, nababawasan sya ng 2 stops which equates to more or less 25% light transmission (with window glass VLT taken into consideration)
The following 2 users Like bloodehunter's post:
WallyWest, Danjo

[Image: Cavcrew_cover.jpg]
[Image: Mirage-11082020-51.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2017, 06:09 PM
^
I was expecting mas maliwanag ang last photo (neutral is supposed to be 35% VLT, right?) since neutral ang pinalagay nyo. Ganyan ang view (parang any minute bubuhos na ang ulan) from the inside from my car which has the medium dark reflective variant (20% VLT).

By the way, you should wait for about a week for the tint to cure. At this point your tint is most probably still cloudy na parang may tubig pa between the tint and the glass.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
04-15-2017, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2017 08:42 AM by bloodehunter.)
(04-14-2017 06:09 PM)WallyWest Wrote:  ^
I was expecting mas maliwanag ang last photo (neutral is supposed to be 35% VLT, right?) since neutral ang pinalagay nyo. Ganyan ang view (parang any minute bubuhos na ang ulan) from the inside from my car which has the medium dark reflective variant (20% VLT).

By the way, you should wait for about a week for the tint to cure. At this point your tint is most probably still cloudy na parang may tubig pa between the tint and the glass.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Quote:(with window glass VLT taken into consideration)

I did the test to prove the manufacturer's claims regarding VLT given that the glass itself allows an average of 90% VLT, so with the 35% VLT of the tint, 25% actual VLT makes sense.

20% VLT is way too dark for me already. Plus the glass' VLT will bring it down to 10% nalang (if used with the same method, that will be equal to stripping 3 stops of light or 6x darker compared to the tested tint above which is 4x darker).

Sana nga, hoping medyo lumiwanag pa yung tint 1 I got used to driving w/o tint kaya napakalaking handicap sa akin for the past few nights yung bagong visibility.

PS:
Last photo, camera adjusted automatically to compensate for the dark tint.
The outside exposure looks brighter due to excessive glare reflected by the concrete road.
Last photo, tint eliminated glare and allows lesser contrast view.

[Image: Cavcrew_cover.jpg]
[Image: Mirage-11082020-51.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.